Not wanting to get stuck in a rut and coast into middle age, I decided to try at least fifty new things in 12 months – it was such good fun that I am going to keep going and say Yes to more new experiences !


Saturday 2 May 2015

27. Visit a Village in Suffolk for the First Time

This was suggested on a girls night out - although I am born and bred in Suffolk and have worked for Suffolk County, Suffolk Coastal, Mid Suffolk and Babergh Councils - there must be a part of Suffolk I have never been to!

Well, there was - Drinkstone, just the other side of Woolpit and this weekend they hosted their annual Sale Trail. 

50p buys you a map of all the houses participating in a table top sale and you can walk (or drive) around the village and pick up a few bargains.
Libby and I spent a lovely morning wandering around and ended up buying 2 books for 20p each, a pencil sharpener shaped like a dog, a jar of home made chutney, several packs of foam pads and double sided tape, a plate of delicious brownies and the blue chair for a fiver!
Everyone was so friendly and chatted to us as we walked around - I was very impressed with the community spirit in Drinkstone!

No comments:

Post a Comment