Not wanting to get stuck in a rut and coast into middle age, I decided to try at least fifty new things in 12 months – it was such good fun that I am going to keep going and say Yes to more new experiences !


Saturday 3 September 2016

Rollercoasters - Never Again!

I've just come back from a family holiday in Florida - whilst I was there I got talked into going on some rides on the theme parks.
Now, I love Harry Potter and couldn't wait to visit Diagon Alley and Hogsmead village at Universal Studios. I went on the 'Escape from Gringotts Bank' ride and hated it! I am not good with simulator rides where you get thrown around in from of a screen. If the warning signs say you should avoid of prone to motion sickness, then that is a signal to me to avoid!

So I should have known better when I then went on the 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' ride - four minutes of torture! It was even worse and I had to spent the whole ride with my eyes shut. My legs turned to jelly getting off.

Now the Tower of Terror should have been OK as it is just drop ride - no spinning around. But I didn't enjoy this either as it was very bumpy and you get to look out over the park from a height.


I learnt my lesson and refused to go on the Rock N Roll Rollercoaster and many other rides
I know my limitations and need to stick to them!
Now this is my kind of ride - the Hogwarts Express train, great fun, a little scary and a different experience depending which way you travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment