Not wanting to get stuck in a rut and coast into middle age, I decided to try at least fifty new things in 12 months – it was such good fun that I am going to keep going and say Yes to more new experiences !


Saturday 6 December 2014

18. Made My Own Christmas Wreath

Yesterday I went to a willow weaving wreath workshop (try saying that in a hurry!). We made the frame and the hanger for the wreath from weaving strips of willow into circles and then wove fresh pieces of foliage and berries into the frame to each make a unique and different wreath.


It took and 45 minutes and this is the finished article

I might add some ribbons and baubles now to match my xmas decorations. The willow frame can be reused in future years with just fresh holly, leaves and berries added each year

The workshop was hosted by Realise Futures - a great organisation that helps people into paid employment and gain new skills. Each Friday they come to the offices of Mid Suffolk District Council at Needham Market and sell their fresh locally grown fruit, vegetables and plants.

ps This week my poppy of experience number 2 arrived safe and sound!


No comments:

Post a Comment