Not wanting to get stuck in a rut and coast into middle age, I decided to try at least fifty new things in 12 months – it was such good fun that I am going to keep going and say Yes to more new experiences !


Monday 27 October 2014

16. Decorate a bottle!

No, I have never decorated a bottle before.... so when I spotted an evening workshop to decoupage an empty wine bottle, it sounded something I should give a go!

The workshop was held at Wigglywoo's Craft Emporium in Ipswich - where they also hold sewing, jewellery, Christmas decorations and painting workshops. They also sell a great range of hand crafted items to!

There was a class of 8 of us and we were give a range of ready painted bottles and patterned napkins to choose from. I went for a dark purple and gold pattern for mine. It was very relaxing pasting on parts of torn tissue all over the bottle and finishing off with some embellishments round the neck.

This was my finish article, which can be used as a candle holder and goes well with the decor in the lounge!

No comments:

Post a Comment